Meet the Owners
Travis D. Walker
Owner, Travis D. Walker, began his career in the fire protection industry 20 years ago. He started in a ground level position installing fire protection systems in commercial buildings. He worked his way through the company ranks to Foreman where he managed crews on installation projects. In 1999, he became a lead inspector for a national fire protection company. Years of installing and inspecting many different types of fire protection and fire suppression systems led to an extensive understanding of how these systems work. Travis has a unique ability to troubleshoot and solve problems. In 2004, Travis had the opportunity to start Walker Backflow and Fire Protection Services, LLC. Travis is NICET certified in Automatic Sprinkler System Layout. He is also certified in Inspection and Testing of Water Based Systems. He holds certification by the American Water Works Association for installation and testing of backflow prevention devices. Travis enjoys playing golf, following SEC football and spending as much time as he can with his wife and three children.
Scot A. Bruce
Owner, Scot A. Bruce began his career in the transportation industry after earning a bachelor's degree in Logistics and Transportation Management from the University of Tennessee. Scot specializes in sales, customer service and information technology. Under his leadership, Walker Backflow and Fire Protection Services implemented the Building Reports technology which allows us to provide online inspection reports to our customers. This technology has been life changing for many customers who are audited by state agencies regularly and need access to their current and historical reports in a timely manner. Scot enjoys coaching his son's soccer team and spending as much time in outdoor activities as he can with his wife and two children.
Walker Backflow and Fire Protection Services is licensed to perform all fire protection services by the State of Alabama Fire Marshal's office. We are also certified to perform all backflow prevention device services in Alabama as well.
Our Certifications Include:
- NICET (National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies)
- AWWA (American Water Works Association) certification for installation repair and testing of backflow prevention devices
- Tennessee Department of Environmental and Conservation Division of Water Supply certification for testing and evaluation of backflow prevention assemblies
- Patterson training certification for design, installation and application of fire pump systems
- Birmingham Water Works preferred testing technician for backflow prevention devices